Missy Higgins - Old Fitzroy SongtextI walked in here off the dirty mile
swaggered in with a prison style.
Aching bones and dirty feet;
needing a bed and something to eat.
I played for you and I played it right,
I sang in tune and I danced all night.
I cooked at you as the only one;
I diddn't know it could come undone.
I hit the road when I was fifteen,
When my mother died and my dad got mean.
I've been locked up since twenty-one,
I was my mother's only son.
Forgotten most from early days,
But I remember what she used to say,
Little boy you're my pride and joy,
The only good thing about old Fitzroy
I feel the walls are falling down around;
It makes me loathe that town somehow.
I've been drinking all the wrong
Things all night,
I've been thinking about what
I've got to do to survive this life.
Teile diesen Songtext
Lyrics powered by www.musixmatch.com
- 01 You Only Hide
- 02 Old Fitzroy
- 03 Nye
- 04 Shark Fin Blues
- 05 Was There Anything I Could Do
- 06 Back to the Wall
- 07 Don’t Believe Anymore
- 08 The Biggest Disappointment (feat. Dan Sultan)
- 09 Everybody Wants to Touch Me - Track by Track
- 10 Curse on You
- 11 Secret
- 12 Before Too Long (feat. Amanda Palmer)
- 13 Backfella / Whitefella (feat. Crystal Itjuwalyi Butcher)
- 14 Calm and Crystal Clear - Track by Track
- 15 The Way You Are Tonight
Don't Call Me up
Back to the Start