Behold The Love, The Genrous Love SongtextBehold the love, the gen'rous love,
That holy David shows;
Hark, how his sounding bowels move
To his afflicted foes!
2. When they are sick his soul complains,
And seems to feel the smart;
The spirit of the gospel reigns,
And melts his pious heart.
3. How did his flowing tears condole
As for a brother dead!
And fasting mortified his soul,
While for their life he prayed.
4. They groaned, and cursed him on their bed,
Yet still he pleads and mourns;
And double blessings on his head
The righteous God returns.
5. O glorious type of heav'nly grace!
Thus Christ the Lord appears;
While sinners curse, the Savior prays,
And pities them with tears.
6. He, the true David, Isr'el's King,
Blest and beloved of God,
To save us rebels, dead in sin,
Paid his own dearest blood.
Ist dieser Songtext korrekt?